Raising kids in this tech driven world can be somewhat challenging, after all we only want what’s best. Learning to reign in control over these little kids that you gave birth to all the while allowing some freedom in the tech world can be stressful, challenging and somewhat frustrating. Today we wanted to share a few parenting tips for a tech driven society so that you can rest easy knowing that your kids are safe and that you have some knowledge to raise kids in this technological world.
- Simplify Electronics – be it a tablet or smartphone, they all come with pre-installed apps. Consider organizing these apps into a hidden folder if your kid doesn’t have use for them and explaining the rules as well as how to use the apps for those apps you will allow your kid access to.
- Educate Yourself – many parents are not up to par with what’s available for the kids these days on app driven devices. As the parent, you really need to get familiar with the apps kids use to hide their activity as well as apps that shouldn’t be used until they are older in life.
- Be Patient – if you aren’t a tech driven parent, then these electronic devices may seem challenging for you. Be patient with your kid as they teach you the ins and outs of every device. Be certain to hear what your kid uses for apps and ask other parents their tips on rules with apps.
- Teach Cyber ethics – this is very similar to society morals and standards, as in using manners and to think before you speak. Electronic devices make it easy for kids to forget their manners, perhaps have a monthly meeting to go over proper cyber ethics to ensure your kid is being kind to others.
- The Internet is Forever – ensure that your kid understands what they put out there on the internet is available forever, yes even after they delete it. Most kids and parents don’t understand that there are cached versions of websites available to anyone, anywhere, at any time so be careful.
Due to the reality of society being highly tech driven, it’s important that parents remain true to their beliefs in how their child should be raised. Never feel as if you have to hop on the bandwagon of what other parents are doing, be certain to keep an open mind and open communication with your kids at all times to ensure you are making the most appropriate decisions with electronic devices within your home.
About the Author: Brandy Ellen is a Positive Lifestyle Blogger born and raised in New Hampshire, USA. Brandy is a successful work from home mom of three who enjoys inspiring others to live life fully.
Learn more about Brandy at BrandyEllen.com.