Many people thrive to build that perfect bond between parent and child, but as time goes on parents start to realize that connecting with your child is difficult. The challenge on learning how to connect with your child starts with these 10 tips to connect with your child.
- Read a Book Together – no matter how old your child is, there’s nothing better than curling up to read a book aloud to your child.
- Chase Games – this is perfect engagement to connect with a younger child. Games like tag can end in tickles and hugs to deepen the connection.
- Dance Off – have an afternoon full of music where you all have a dancing competition to see who can make the craziest dance moves.
- Bake Something Together – getting your child involved in the kitchen teaches important life skills while engaging in building the parent and child bond.
- Bird Watching – nature has a way of curing the soul, take a nature walk and go bird watching with your child.
- Special Snack Time – nothing screams connection like building your own sundae together, indulge in a special snack time with your child.
- Pillow Fight – while not every parent will be up for this, it’s a fun way to connect over laughter and silliness with your child.
- Have a Chat Session – sit down and listen to your child talk about whatever interests them. This shows your child that you truly care about their interests.
- Create a New Tradition – work with your child to think of a new weekly tradition that you both can enjoy and partake in together.
- Be a Friend – there’s a time when parents can truly just be a friend, that’s during these connection times. Sit back and be a friend for a few hours with your child or simply be childish together.
There are so many creative ways to connect with your child; obviously as they get older you will have to find new ways to connect. The joy of parenthood is building that balance of friendship, unconditional love and a deep caring for each other. We hope that these 10 tips to connect with your child will help to solidify the parent and child bond you so desire in life.
About the Author: Brandy Ellen is a Positive Lifestyle Blogger born and raised in New Hampshire, USA. Brandy is a successful work from home mom of three who enjoys inspiring others to live life fully.
Learn more about Brandy at HappilyBlended.com.